Insurance can be very overwhelming and confusing to understand at times. You may feel as though you are paying a lot of money and never using your insurance. Not all insurance companies or policies are the same; there are many factors that differentiate them from each other. To make sure you’re getting the most out of your insurance, you’ll want to make sure you’re asking all the right questions.
1. What coverage do I need?
For example, flood and earthquake damage insurance are not covered in a standard policy. For more information visit our blog post: Natural Disasters – Are you Covered?
2. What are the limits on an additional policy?
3. What is my deductible?
4. Will there be multiple deductibles based on the cause of the claim?
5. What discounts do you offer?
6. Are there any exclusions on my policies?
7. What are your payment options?
8. How do you assess the value of my home?
9. How do you determine the cost of rebuilding my home verses the sale price?
10. Do you have a 24 hours claims service?
11. Do you have local field adjusters or does the company utilize independent adjusters?
12. What is my risk assessment?
Your risk assessment is a methodology used to calculate premium rates for policy holders. It is used to gauge the risk that you may file a claim against your policy.