The Woodard nVIRO Shield™ system is a revolutionary way to control the spread of pathogens and protect your health. It is an electrostatic misting application that utilizes EPA-registered products acting as non-toxic surface sanitizers and broad spectrum disinfectants, applied over a sealant photocatalyst. It's made up of these solutions that work together to kill bacteria and infections and control the spread of pathogens for up to three months.
In order to avoid cross contamination and bacterial adhesion to surfaces, nVIRO Shield™ focuses its efforts on the creation of a pathogen control system that provides residual protection and inhibits biofilm formation by either killing the pathogen or preventing its adhesion. The nVIRO Shield™ utilizes four different modes of action including:
You may be unaware, but most of the commonly used disinfectants actually offer many disadvantages that could be harming you and your property.
Chlorine: Chlorine has broad antimicrobial activity, but is less effective against spore-forming organisms. It can cause ocular irritation, burns to the gastrointestinal tract, and it is also corrosive to metal at high concentrations. Furthermore, it is typically mixer-dependent, has a very short shelf life, and is often misused. Chlorine also has no residual protection.
Bleach: While bleach can be an effective sanitizer, it is not an effective disinfectant. Bleach reduces, but doesn't necessarily eliminate, microbes from hard surfaces to levels considered safe by public health codes or regulations.
Alcohol: Alcohol provides the highest bactericidal effect when a 70%-80% aqueous solution is used; the bactericidal action of 100% ethanol decreases. It is ineffective on spores, evaporates quickly, and has no residual effectiveness. Alcohol's bactericidal effect decreases when used in low temperatures and its effects are generally short-lived. Alcohol also tends to be ineffective against many viruses.
Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen Peroxide is often preferred because it causes far fewer allergic reactions than alternative disinfectants. This product is no longer recommended for antiseptic use, as recent studies have shown it to be toxic to growing cells as well as bacteria. Hydrogen peroxide also has a short shelf life with no residual protection.
Phenol: This disinfectant is corrosive to the skin, can be toxic to sensitive people, and has no residual effectiveness.
UV Light: All of the above disadvantages with commonly used disinfectants created the need to use ultraviolet light for disinfection; however, not only is UV Light carcinogenic, it is ineffective for shadowed areas and has no residual effectiveness. Therefore, UV light disinfection should not be used alone, but with the addition of chemical disinfection. UV is expensive, time-consuming, dangerous to occupants in the facilities being treated and can be difficult to use. Continuous intermittent exposure to the materials used in UV light treatment can become a serious health concern, and many pigments and dyes are affected by UV “photo tendering” causing yellowed and cracked materials and sealants.
If you're interested in learning more about the Woodard nVIRO Shield™ system or would like to schedule a treatment for your home or business, complete our inquiry form or call 314-227-3938!